Our Services and Website are not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Services. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. We do not collect or maintain Personal Information from people we actually know are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Website or Services is designed to attract people under 13 years of age. If we later learn that a user is under 13 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user's Personal Information from our databases and to prevent the user from utilizing the Website and the Services.
How We Collect Information.
In general, the Personal Information we gather enables us to provide the Services to you and helps us learn more about the use of the Website and/or Services. We collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily at registration and in the course of your use of the Website and/or Services. To use certain features of the Website, we require you to create an “Account” by providing your name, email address, and a password. When you communicate with us by sending us an email, we will collect and store any information that is contained in your communications with us. Any information you choose to provide for our use should reflect how much you want other Users to know about you. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the Website or Services you are able to use.
Wurrly is a music creation platform. When you create songs as part of our Services and make them available to other users, other users will be able to hear them and see information about you. Please remember this and be thoughtful about what you make available.
If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location when you search), we may collect, store and use that information. Of course, your location may also be apparent from your content.
If you share content with others, you provide and we collect the email addresses of the people with whom you want to share your song. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and e-mail addresses as required above. You or the third party may contact us at email@example.com to request the removal of this information from our database
We collect the following types of Anonymous Information:
Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Website and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Website, track users’ movements around the Website, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs. For example, some of the information may be collected so that when you visit the Website or the Services again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests.
Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, which are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Data.
Flash LSOs. When we post media, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
Mobile Device. We may collect information about the computer or device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, unique device identifier, phone number, and mobile network information. In addition, the Services may access your device's image storage applications, with your consent, to facilitate your use of certain features of the Services. For more information about how you can control our access to these applications, please see "Your Choices" below.
We may also use third party tracking services to help us analyze how users use the App and Services. These services collect only the unique device identifier assigned to your mobile device, rather than your name or other personally identifying information, and use it to collect information such as how often users open the App and what features they use in the App. We only use this information to improve our App and Services. We do not combine the information generated thereby with your Personal Information and we do not associate you in any way with your device identifier. Only these services know and associate you (on a non-identifiable basis) with your identifier.
How We Use Information.
We will use your Personal Information to:
- Administer your Account;
- Provide you with Services and customer support;
- Tailor the features and content of the Services to you;
- Market our products and services and those of third parties to you that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Respond to your requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems;
- Communicate with you about the Services.
We may also use your Personal Information to create Anonymous Information records by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to you.
We use the Anonymous Information we collect to analyze trends, administer and improve the Services, track users’ movements in the App, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs. For example, some of the Log Files may be collected so that when you use the App again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests.
How We Disclose Information.
We disclose certain Personal Information:
- Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the Services, the Personal Information you provide will be shared with the third parties that you authorize to receive such information. You may choose to share (or limit the sharing of) any content that you create with other users. Please see instructions on the Services to control this sharing.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with our third party service providers that help us provide Services that we offer you.
In addition, your songs may be public, in which case Users may be able see them on the Website along with your user profile. Please be thoughtful about the songs you provide to the Services. If any of your songs contain any Personal Information or any other information, which you would not like to share, you can control who has access to these songs by accessing privacy settings on the bottom right of any song you post. By setting a song to “private”, rather than “public”, you can limit who has access to it.
We reserve the right to disclose Anonymous Information publicly without restriction.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION.
- Mobile Device. Certain features of the Services require access to your mobile device's microphone. Although you may decide whether or not to use these features, you can grant or revoke your consent at any time by changing the settings on your device
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information. You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your Account by contacting us. If you completely delete all of your Personal Information, then your account may become deactivated, although your profile and any songs associated therewith will remain on the Services unless you have deleted them. We may also retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. Please remember, however, if we have already disclosed some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures. Certain information is necessary in order for us to provide the Services; therefore, if you delete such necessary information you may not be able to use the Services.
Controlling Your Information.
Information Disclosed to Third Parties
True Depth Face Tracking
We use Apple’s True Depth camera in real time to attach mask art to the user's face. No data from this process is collected or transmitted from the user's device.
This Policy was last revised: September 11, 2018.